Harassment & Discrimination Awareness and Prevention Training
This program will review the applicable state and federal laws and offer practical information about how harassment and discrimination happen in the workplace as well as steps that can be taken to avoid these situations. Employee training is 90 minutes in duration while Managers and Supervisors receive another 30 minutes of training to address the additional responsibilities and liability that managers must contend with.
Specific learning objectives include:
- Types of harassment and discrimination
- Review of your company policy
- Important definitions
- How to avoid problem situations
- Employer responsibilities
- Helpful conduct guidelines
- Employee responsibilities
- Real-world examples and scenarios
Additional Focus for Managers and Supervisors:
- How to respond to a complaint
- Company vs. individual liability
- An employer’s responsibility for management conduct
- Is there a problem if “everyone is participating in it?”
- If you know it, the company knows it—the manager/supervisor as legal agent
- Your role in changing the culture
These classes are offered as onsite training at your location. Our expert facilitators will come to you and deliver customized training for your organization, on your schedule. We recommend training at least every two years.
For more information, contact Beth Yohai at BYohai@AIMHRSolutions.com.